Sunday, September 28, 2008

Baby Signing Time!

     The wonderful world of toddlers and sign language!!! Kealani has really caught on to signing, which has made our lives a whole lot easier! We have been trying to teach her, along with the baby signing time DVD's and she has a growing vocabulary. She is now up to 30 words or more! She can sign them all and say them (but it is a lot easier to understand what she is saying when it is accompanied with sign language).  It has been so much fun because she catches on so quickly, everyday she learns something new! It melts my heart when she is tired and looks up at me with beautiful eyes and signs blanket.

Her current vocab includes words like; eat, more, water, milk, cracker (caka), banana(nana),cheese, all done, down, please (peeese), thank you (tee too), sorry (sayee), no, yes, baby, blanket (ben), shoe, socks, hat, hurt (ouwie), bath, potty (pie), change diaper (chay duhduh), wash hands, ball, book, dog-dog, catbird, baby, and lots more.

It was really tough cuz the camera would delay, but I got a few pics of her signing.

Hat
 
I told her to sign ouwie, and she did with a sad frown and then came to give my knee a kiss where my hand had been resting.
 
More and Please.
 The sign for eat. She also signed water and then gave me a big grin because she wanted some.
 
Kea couldn't help herself but sign quickly and run and get those objects. So cute! Signing has been so amazing with her.  And I can at least get a small glimpse of what goes through that cute little head!!

4 comments:

Lisabella said...

So totally cool! Great shots--it's so hard to take pictures of kids, especially with motion, too.

What's the sign for "cutest mom ever?" Oh yeah, point to Jada!

galbraithfam said...

She's beautiful! Look at all that hair! It's no surprise she's a smarty...look at who her mom is....The greatest teacher in the world....I have 7th graders to prove it!(it was seventh right?) Anyway....miss you!

Kristal said...

Jada, she is adorable. I wish I could be around you guys. I miss you all so much. Kea has grown so much. I am so happy you posted some more pictures, I love visiting your blog.

Rhianna said...

awwwww my lovey kissey is growing so fast! i love your little girl way too much... but i think you already know that. i miss you Jay!