Thursday, November 20, 2008

Started at Twilight, finished by morning!


          Well, I finally gave in to all the fuss about the Twilight books. Though slow at first, it definitely grew on me! I read the first one in 8 hours! I hadn't planned on reading more, but a friend insisted that it gets better. So, I read the second one...in 10 hours. The third and fourth books were short to follow and before I knew it I was all vampired out! I also read Angels and Demons (the in-depth version with pictures and maps, so awesome!) between those books.  So, within a matter of 2 weeks I had finished 5 books. Tom had always said, 'I never see you read for fun'. And I would always reply, 'You don't want to!'...I think he understands now. But the best part of it all, since I read Angels and Demons for Tom (one of his favorites) he is now reading Twilight! He gets quite the teasing from his friends!! He is finishing it right now, and we have a date set tomorrow night to see the movie. Such a fun thing to do together, and I am quite proud of my man!!
Kealani loves reading too!! She is getting pretty good at recognizing certain things in her books and repeating them, counting (to five), animal noises, etc. We love learning!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read twilight yet, but Michael,(My honey) listened to them via audiobook. i heard bits here and there. He loves them and is very excited to see the movie. I'm excited too I guess. I haven't had the time to listen or read them. *pout*
Oh, I was wondering if you know any good free digital scrapbooking stuff.

Kristal said...

What fun to do together! I am the same way when I read, I read until if's finished. Of course my house work suffers for it. Cory wants me to read Hitchiker's Guide to the Universe... I guess if I do then I can make him read one of mine!

Sybrina said...

Hi Jada!

You have such a cute little family! Your blog looks awesome, too! Very nice. I love blogging and catching up with everyone through them! I'll have to add your site to my blogroll. So, what do you do for Google?

Ma, Pa, Girl, Baby said...

You and Heidi should connect - she wants to be a vampire and I will never be as cool as Edward.